I am commited to the founding principles of the NHS and patients should be
reassured that they do not need to seek private healthcare to obtain
high quality treatment. However, some patients prefer private
medical care and there may be valid reasons for this:
1. To avoid waiting lists.
2. Surgical and outpatient appointments can be scheduled with more flexibility.
3. Surgery can be undertaken in settings that generally provide more comfort, such as a private room.
4. Patients can choose their surgeon.
5. Care is provided by a Consultant.
6. Certain treatments are not available on the
Many patients requesting private care
have medical insurance,
however, some pay directly. I am able to facilitate either, including treatment of overseas patients.
I am recognised by all the main health insurance companies and
offer treatment to clients of the following providers, amongst others: BUPA; AXA
PPP; First Assist; Standard Life; WPA; Norwich Union; Cigna; Clinisure;
Medisure/Pruhealth; Beneden Healthcare; Remedi.
The cost of surgery depends on the nature of the
disease, whether surgery is undertaken as a daycase or inpatient, and
if local or general anaesthetic is required. Prices are
available on request. Consultations are available in Harley
Street (Central London), at King's College Hospital, and at the
Blackheath Hospital. Contact details are available via this link.